Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's coming up

Just found out today that the rent for the storage unit was not paid. So even if I was to go work on it tomorrow like I planned, I would be locked out of it. He will pay the bill Friday. My ad on Craigslist, for Automotive help for barter, was responded to. We've been talking through emails and he has experience with auto body work, and can also help us with the engine if we need it. I am hoping to barter some of my possessions with him, if not cash will have to do (however much I can scrape up that is...) We may meet up this weekend to check it out and figure out payment options. Saturday my coworker Paul is going to help with the wiring (for real this time, last time there was an unexpected death in his family)and we will get the windows back in.
Next week I am taking two additional days off (for my birthday! May 5!) so I plan to do a basic tune up & replace the fuel line so I can get the bus to my house by May 7. Why May 7? Because it sounds good...and the rest of the van I will complete in the comfort of my own driveway (for free!). And I can rest assured knowing there is help available.
I really need to practice my manual skills for the drive, and I am beginning to wonder what things may go wrong on my 30 minute "test drive"... The poor thing has been disassembled for nearly two years, but when I purchased him, he started right up and drove down the road. I guess only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are going to be much happier having it at home to work on. Hope the test drive goes well! Enjoy :)

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete