Saturday, January 22, 2011

Buses By the Bridge 15- Lake Havasu AZ

Buses by the Bridge was a blast! We met a lot of new friends and got to hang out with our friends Peter and Slavio who we met in Albuquerque. Slavio camped out in his newly bought Squareback~ a VW station wagon that I would like to have some time. At Bus shows all VWs are welcome!


Glitter Bus

Peter's Bus & Slavio's Squareback

Walter~ the Largest VW Bus was there. He is awesome! Made from a fire truck and lots of work from an extra talented group of people. There are a ton of speakers synced up to lights all around him, and makes him the ultimate party bus!

Sleepy Puppy


Tiki Bus Interior

After BBB we went down to Quartzesite Arizona...

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I've seen some great buses, but never so many in one place! I can't imagine how homesick I would get for my old '76. I think next year I am going to have to find out!

    It was great meeting you, both, in Quartzsite! NC is certainly on my list of places to spend more time. Baa ma pii! ('til the next time!)

    Wishing you a safe journey and Happy Trails, forever!
    Cyndi and Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to meet you too! If you are in the Carolinas please email me, you always got a place to camp out with us for a few! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great gathering of buses! Very cool pics! I bet you both had a blast :) Walter is great LOL! What a cool rig that is!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! You are very talented and loved the Buses at the bridge scene. My husband and I owned a bus while we built a gaff-rigged schooner in California from 1970-76. Every "get away" was spent camping in our bus. We built a bed in the back, and took a porta potty, Coleman stove, and ice chests full of food. We had a stoned looking sun painted on the front by a friend, so called it Sunshine, of course. Sold it when we sailed away. I work at MTCC with Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gabrielle! So cool that you work with Rhonda~ I've wondered how she is doing. :D Thanks for the kind words~ a schooner sounds fun! Sunshine is a great name for a Bus too, bet you must miss it sometimes...

    ReplyDelete