Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Workamping

Found this great website on Workamping: http://www.workamper.com/ In between farm jobs I can always work at a camp site. After reading some sample job posts, this seems like a great opportunity. Although it appears most, if not all, pay minimum wage. But without bills, that won't be a problem. Some even give you an RV site with power/water hook ups & included wifi! Rockin'! Many of them post looking for couples or singles, and if couples do become employed they work the same schedule. That is so awesome. Happy me!

This is the website I look to for farming work: http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/internships/index.php . I could go through WWOOF but some of the postings on the above website pay fairly well. Its nice to see that my dreams are not too far away. I want to gain as much knowledge on farming, sustainable agriculture, environmental sciences, sustainable energy, etc, as possible so I can have my own place one day "off the grid." I am looking forward to living a much more simpler lifestyle than everyone else I know. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links! I am planning on doing the WWOOF thing out here on the west coast, but having some income would be nice as well! Similar goal to yours...want to learn more about sustainable living so that I can have my own place in the future. Good luck with the conversion and your travels!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete