The wonderful Moonie who is re-doing my engine has been updating a post on the Full Moon Bus Club's website along the way. Click here if you'd like to check it out, this is the tech section of the site with my engine rebuild in its own topic; which he keeps updating with photos of new work he has done.
The engine had not been rebuilt 30K miles before my purchase as stated
by the guy who sold it to me. I had assumed it hadn't been rebuilt
anyways, so turns out I was right. From what 'bear'( the moonie who is working on Lenny's engine) has told me I am surprised we made it to California and back~ and we "were very brave" says Bear. All sorts of pins and even nails had been jerry-rigged in there, and the cylinder heads ended up being so bad we had to buy new ones. Now Lenny is going to ride like a champ! Now its time to get the rest of him in shape along with the engine.
The engine is starting to come back together~ just waiting for the cylinder heads to come in.
I made screens for the sliding door that open in the middle and magnet shut from the same materials I made the front screens from. The white is old bedsheets I had, one of them became the outside facing side of the interior curtains.
For now I am doing what I can and keeping my fingers crossed we can have him on the road soon~ it would be a nice birthday present for me. :)