Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting things done!

Trey was able to finish the fuel line last week. Luckily a guy here in town had some 7/16 FI hose that we needed & only charged us $5! A friend of mine came over Saturday and helped me get the flooring in. We sanded/cleaned the interior, primed, covered with Reflectix, and lay cut plywood down. We had to work with 2 awkward sizes so the floor is made of a few pieces rather than just one. Once we lay the flooring down though, you'll never notice. :P

We also put up the crazy side tent. This side attaches to the sliding door of the westy when it's open: creating a little room. It's pretty cool and even has a floor to it! It took some time to figure out how to put it up. But with some searching we were able to figure it out. Crazy German engineering! But I found the website Tents for Breadloaves- because VWs sort of look like bread loaves... Trey and I have notices this as well. But overall the tent is in great condition. The screen part of the front "door" was ripped, but I sewed it up:

And here's the crazy striped "front door":

Its crazy but I love it anyways! It has some mildew spots that I have to clean and one more tear I spotted yesterday that needs to be sewn...

I'm almost finished recovering the upper trim with the fabric I bought from Goodwill (picture below: the off white fabric with orangey designs/frill) And the Mushroom fabric I bought for just $4/yard will be the curtains. I'm slacking on sewing them but I figure I have some time to do that. This evening after work I plan to get the trim in, so I'll take some pictures and post them soon!


  1. Hey, that looks like progress! Well Done! It is fun to watch things coming together for you :)

    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"

  2. Thanks! Its slow coming, but definitely going somewhere! :)